Two new albums by LabField and Huntsville are now available on the norwegian label Hubro. Go and check them out HERE !Read More
Two new releases are available in January. Both albums shows my collaboration with the great Miguel Angel Tolosa. Our first, but not last, duo album, “Loner” (SOFA 545) is out on SOFA by the end of the month. And Miguel Angels beautiful solo album, “Haereo” on Mystery Sea records is finally out, and I am fortunate to contribute on one track. Enjoy !
A small portrait of me is to be heard here on Norwegian radio NRK P2. (Norwegian only….sorry).
It’s the end of the year, a year filled with many musical highlights such as:
– Performances with the new project; “Two Hundred and Forty” with MURAL and videoartist Kjell Bjørgeengen.
– The great England tour with Caroline Bergvall and Thomas Köppel performing DRIFT.
– The lovely USA tour with Dans les arbres in November, finding new directions in our music.
Next year is looking promising.
– My first composition for the ensemble Vertixe Sonora from Galicia, Spain will be my main project for 2015 along with working on my next solo album.
– I have five new releases coming out early in the year:
– LabField – Bucket Of Songs (Hubro)
– Dear all. In september MURAL with Kjell Bjørgeengen will perform three shows in Paris, Geneva and Metz. I hope some of you manage to come out and see this special project. More info to be found in my concert calendar.
– The project “DRIFT” is heading out on a tour in England during the first week of October. Also I am doing a solo gig at Cafe Oto on the 5th of October, sharing the night with the great Vilde & Inga duo. Hope to see you there !
– It looks like its going to be a busy start of the new year with a great number of new album releases:
– LabField – Bucket Of Songs (Hubro)Read More
September is here and after a long relaxing summer, my activities are picking up again. Please log into the concert schedule for an update.
– Two new releases are being presented at the Punkt festival in Kristiansand in Norway the first weekend of september:
Erik Honoré’s great debut cd on Hubro which I have contributed on some tracks.
Mural’s – Tempera, a limited cd release on www.con-v.org (60 copies only !!!!)
Spring is here, and time has passed since my last update. There has been lots of things happening since the Japan tour with Huntsville in february.
– Dans les arbres has been working with the Norwegian Wind Ensemble. A fruitful collaboration resulting in two concerts in Moss and Oslo. DLA also participated in the Symposium at The Music Academy in Oslo. A very nice gathering of people and interesting presentation of different groups working with improvisation in various forms.
-I’ve done several solo concerts, and I am still working on various solo recordings for both SOFA and other labels. Stay tuned.
– We have finally finished the new LabField album, featuring Giuseppe Ielasi and Mariam Wallentin. It will be out on Hubro records in january 2015. Also my project with dear friend and collaborator Miguel Angel Tolosa is ready for being released. Also due on SOFA in the month of January 2015.
– The percussion ensemble Gluck had a wonderful recording session in Berlin in march. Recording new pieces by myself, Christian Wolfahrt and Burkhard Beins. Looking forward to the release on Hiddenbell Records.
– I will be composing my first piece for the spanish contemporary music ensemble; Vertixe Sonora for the festival Vigo Vertixe in 2015. Looking very much forward to that!
– Last but not least is the new collaboration with the great musicians; Fréderic Blondy, Eivind Lønning and Espen Reinertsen. The quartet had its first meeting in the lovely Eglise St. Merri in the middle of Paris last week. And we are all thrilled about the music. Hoping to do more with this constellation very soon !Read More
A great experience as always being on tour with my friends in Huntsville, and always a pleasure to visit Japan. This time we played new music to Aki Kaurismaekis silent film; Juha. A dark film, which suits our music well, and it also gave us a chance to explore new material in the trio. Thanks Japan and thanks Aki. Thanks also to Tom Ohsawa for setting up the tour. Looking forward to next time.Read More
Take a look at this new solo video from French Radio.Read More
The Australia tour with MURAL and our new collaborator, Kjell Bjørgeengen on live video, was a real treat for me. This photo is taken from our 4 hour performance at the MONA FOMA festival in Hobart, Tasmania. Fantastic venue !