Spring is here, and time has passed since my last update. There has been lots of things happening since the Japan tour with Huntsville in february.
– Dans les arbres has been working with the Norwegian Wind Ensemble. A fruitful collaboration resulting in two concerts in Moss and Oslo. DLA also participated in the Symposium at The Music Academy in Oslo. A very nice gathering of people and interesting presentation of different groups working with improvisation in various forms.
-I’ve done several solo concerts, and I am still working on various solo recordings for both SOFA and other labels. Stay tuned.
– We have finally finished the new LabField album, featuring Giuseppe Ielasi and Mariam Wallentin. It will be out on Hubro records in january 2015. Also my project with dear friend and collaborator Miguel Angel Tolosa is ready for being released. Also due on SOFA in the month of January 2015.
– The percussion ensemble Gluck had a wonderful recording session in Berlin in march. Recording new pieces by myself, Christian Wolfahrt and Burkhard Beins. Looking forward to the release on Hiddenbell Records.
– I will be composing my first piece for the spanish contemporary music ensemble; Vertixe Sonora for the festival Vigo Vertixe in 2015. Looking very much forward to that!
– Last but not least is the new collaboration with the great musicians; Fréderic Blondy, Eivind Lønning and Espen Reinertsen. The quartet had its first meeting in the lovely Eglise St. Merri in the middle of Paris last week. And we are all thrilled about the music. Hoping to do more with this constellation very soon !